Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Frustrations

Have you ever felt like you are the fire hydrant that the dog keeps pissing on? Well, that's where I am right now. I have been in a real funk dealing with my pain level. A few weeks back, I took a fall in the bath tub and I have had a hard time recovering from it. It seems that all the little gains that I have made have vanished and I am back at square one. It is hard to see the sunshine in your life when it is covered with a big black cloud. I know that I am not the most cheerful person in the world right now but I am trying very hard to not be a sad sack. I give mega props to Joyce for putting up with my sorry ass when I am in the hole like this. She is my strength and I appreciate her very much, even if I neglect to tell her so. I don't think I could make it without her unconditional love and support, she is cherry!

Last night was kind of tough, I was awake every 30 minutes or so and I had to get out of bed about every two hours to try to shake off the pain. However, during one of my moments of consciousness, I heard a great song on the satellite radio. It is Hocus Pocus by the Dutch band Focus. You cannot be in a bad mood when this song is playing, it is hilarious. You can listen to it on my MySpace page ro find it at Project Playlist.


Yahoo! has made a big mess out of their My Yahoo! page. They have decided to switch all of their accounts to the "New" My Yahoo! home page, which leaves content that was stored on the beta page inaccessible. This is a big pile of doo doo, as far as I am concerned. I have grown to love the Personal Notes section on the beta page and have stored most of my Internet information on there for handy access. Well now that we have made the switch, all of that content is lost in the ether.

They did make a way for us to import our bookmarks from the beta page to the new page, so I guess that counts for something. Hopefully they will read my many rants on their comments section and find a way to restore my files. I guess this just serves as a big lesson for me to not put all of my eggs in one basket, as it were. Oh well, I will just listen to Hocus Pocus and put on my happy face.

No Trees Were Harmed In The Transmission Of This Message,
However, Billions of Electrons Were Temporarily Inconvenienced

No comments: